Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Large screen TV

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
Was idly looking at some 65" TV reviews, and the 'best buy' at 3000 quid
only came with a wall mount bracket. For table top or freestanding, you
had to find and aftermarket stand - they didn't even list one as an
accessory.

Seemed odd to me - despite having a largish living room there is nowhere
convenient I could wall mount a TV.

The frustrating thing is that there must be loads of spare TV surface
mounting stands about, but unlike rear mount options there does not seem
to be any agreed standard for fixing centres etc.

I had no difficulty in finding a table stand with VESA standard holes

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England