Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any idea of cost to run water line to my fridge?

On 5/29/2021 10:49 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 5/29/2021 1:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/29/2021 3:52 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Sat, 29 May 2021 16:15:03 +0000, Nfisher posted for all of us to
digest...

That's the dumbest thing i've heard...water needs to be boiled first
to make clear ice cubes.

Really? Then how come ice machines do it on a consistent & quantity
basis
without without boiling?

Ice machines vary, not perfectly clear.

I know what works for me.Â* I have a rubber mold that makes ice balls,
about 1 1/2".Â* For best results I heat water to near boiling, pour
into the mold, then freeze.Â* The heated water also takes longer to
freeze allowing oxygen to escape.

Maybe not?
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...hat-hot-water/

But put 200 degree water in a rubber mold and surround it with 1/2" of
insulation and it changes all their calculations.