Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Any idea of cost to run water line to my fridge?

On 5/29/2021 1:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/29/2021 3:52 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Sat, 29 May 2021 16:15:03 +0000, Nfisher posted for all of us to
digest...

That's the dumbest thing i've heard...water needs to be boiled first
to make clear ice cubes.

Really? Then how come ice machines do it on a consistent & quantity basis
without without boiling?

Ice machines vary, not perfectly clear.

I know what works for me.Â* I have a rubber mold that makes ice balls,
about 1 1/2".Â* For best results I heat water to near boiling, pour into
the mold, then freeze.Â* The heated water also takes longer to freeze
allowing oxygen to escape.

Maybe not?
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...hat-hot-water/

Tap water in the slow freezing mold it better but not nearly as perfect.
RO water freezer more clear too.

Found this:
The short answer: Cloudy ice is caused by gases (mainly nitrogen and
oxygen) dissolved in the water that come out of solution when the water
freezes. The small bubbles trapped in the ice cause the white
appearance. Boiling the water removes the air dissolved in it, producing
clear ice as a result.