Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Drilling/cutting a 30 mm hole in 0.8 mm aluminium

On 29/05/2021 14:50, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 1:24:08 PM UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
I need to cut a 30 mm hole in some 0.8 mm aluminium.

I have various hole cutting devices such as Forstner bits but they are for
wood.

Is there anything clever for cutting holes in metal sheets?

Cheers

Dave R

A stepped drill will do if you cannot get a punch. This one has steps at 3mm so third from the end should be 30mm

https://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-s...t-6-36mm/5911v

Richard

0.8mm is quite thin though so important to have it on top of a
sacrificial piece of plywood or similar. Use a pillar drill if you have one.