Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Drilling/cutting a 30 mm hole in 0.8 mm aluminium

On Sat, 29 May 2021 14:05:18 +0100, nothanks wrote:

On 29/05/2021 13:24, David wrote:
I need to cut a 30 mm hole in some 0.8 mm aluminium.

I have various hole cutting devices such as Forstner bits but they are
for wood.

Is there anything clever for cutting holes in metal sheets?

Cheers

Dave R

If you haven't got a (Qmax) hole punch or hole saw then something like
this will do the job
https://www.toolstation.com/adjustab...-cutter/p44999. In thin
aluminium I would use a wooden block to reinforce the pilot hole area to
stop the pilot drill from waggling around

Interesting.
I think it only goes down to 40 mm though.

Cheers

Dave R