Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Drilling/cutting a 30 mm hole in 0.8 mm aluminium

In article ,
David wrote:
On Sat, 29 May 2021 13:29:58 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

On 29/05/2021 13:24, David wrote:
I need to cut a 30 mm hole in some 0.8 mm aluminium.

I have various hole cutting devices such as Forstner bits but they are
for wood.

Is there anything clever for cutting holes in metal sheets?

Any metal cutting hole-saw should be fine. Use oil to stop the aluminium
balling though with just 0.8mm it's only marginally necessary.

Ta.

Having trouble locating a 30 mm one at the moment.

I have also looked at hole punches.
Apparently you drill a pilot hole, insert a bolt, then tighten the cutter
down.
Again not finding 30 mm size.
[At least, not with fast delivery.]

Cheers