Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas Thomas is offline

Default 2004 xterra woes

On Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 2:15:00 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
Clare, did the drive it like I stole it. I could not get needle above half, ac, heat or all off.
My for sale sign blew off and the check ingine light came on. No overheating. Did that drive and park for 30 minutes or better. Outside temp is 50 if it could play a part. Overheating in the past took place at 90.
Unrelated, Did mass flow air sensor on murano and cataclean on juke earlier. Drove the juke like i stole it and had drivers passing me off. I was at 100. In the rain. Scary drivers here in Pa.

Going to start the x and let it run where it sits. It is 2.12 my time. Will report back in an hour. I have about 5 gal gas in it.

Did a sit and see. 20 minutes looking good. Ok until i ramped it up to 4500 rpm for 2 min. Gauge went to danger mark quick. Took it back to 900 rpm but it fell slowly but never safe. Did 4500 again and it went from below that danger line to the top in 5 seconds. Let it rest at 900 for a minute but it did not lower. Shut it down af 3.10 my time. 51f in my yard. Flashlight did not see any steam. Nothing to see nor smell. Fan spinning where i could not see blades fast.