Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default EICR

In article , Scott
wrote:
On Sat, 29 May 2021 09:03:22 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

Surely one could just assume they are what they are and act accordingly
and let him know why you did not do the change. After all its not so
adversarial is it? You don't want to upset him, in case you need him
another time we all make errors.

Not adversarial, just leaving the job to the professionals and not trying
to tell him how to do his job. If you went to the doctor, you would
describe the symptoms. You would not go in saying you should do this and
this.

The nearby village hall had an installed stage dimmer and lights fed off a
45A breaker. I was called in since fading up more than one light tripped
the breaker. It turned out that the 'professional' who did their safety
check changed the 45A breaker for a 6A one. "It's lighting, that only needs
a 6A breaker!"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England