Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default EICR

On 28/05/2021 17:53, Scott wrote:
On Fri, 28 May 2021 17:22:33 +0100, Grumps wrote:

Hi,
I've just had an EICR performed on a property that I let. I wasn't
present during the test and my tenant has reported the following back to
me (I'm too impatient to wait for the full report which might not be
with me until the end of next week).

Apparently 4 16Amp MCBs need to be changed to 6Amp. Each MCB is
connected to just one wall-mounted electric heater. The heaters are
rated from 1500W to 2000W.
The last time I had a look at the wiring (when I decorated some 4 years
ago), I'm sure it was 2.5mm2 from the MCB to each heater's FCU.
2.5mm2 and 16A MCBs are a good combination, yes? Even 1.5mm2 should be good.

Surely if I get the 16A breakers swapped to 6A then that won't be
sufficient for a 2kW heater, and probably not even for the 1500W ones?

What possible reason would the electrician suggest swapping to 6A MCBs?
He has a good review rating and was booked via myconstructor web site.
The sparks I've used before is on holiday (whatever one of those is)
which is why I went to that web site.
Ta.

I would just turn them on and if they trip out, phone the electrician
and tell him there must be a fault with his work.

I have a gut feeling that the tenant may be playing Chinese whispers.

They are not usually the most reliable people to pass on the correct
information.

--
Adam