Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default Strange (and very annoying !!!!!) lockup

On Thu, 27 May 2021 20:22:37 +0100, gareth evans wrote:

Any known bugs here? ...

W10 with FireFox

Usually in the evening.

I'll look at both of my gmail accounts, but when signing out of the
second, the laptop freezes with the disk light on.

There's no keyboard response in FireFox, not even to Alt-F4, and no
mouse cursor.

There's no Internet activity indicated on the LEDs of the router.

The only recourse is to shut down by an extended pressing of the power
button.

It's only been happening in the last week or so.

TIA

Gareth download a trial application for 'Process Lasso' and run it. It
will identify any processor hogging applications that are running. You
will have the opportunity to terminate the troublesome app.

In a quiescent state your computer should look like this:
https://ibb.co/WfC205R