Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default OT: Manual or automatic gearbox? and XC60 opinion...

ARW wrote:
On 26/05/2021 13:29, John Smith wrote:

I would get a petrol not diesel - I've never had a diesel.

A few years ago I said I would never have a diesel car.

Actually there is nothing wrong with them.

From the driving POV, they have got very good. The VAG 2L diesels are very
nice to drive (for an ICE vehicle). My 3L V6 Jag was also lovely.
Environmentally though, well€¦

And as you said - automatics are for girls (and spastics).

And manuals are for dinosaurs. ;-) Better still, ditch the whole gear
shifting nonsense and go EV.

I miss rear wheel drive no matter what fuel it is.

Good news is that quite a lot of EVs are RWD.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls