Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Manual or automatic gearbox? and XC60 opinion...

In article ,
JohnP wrote:

Looking for opinions from anyone who's changed sides.

Take care - CVT is sometimes used to describe a Hybrid - yet many think it
means the cone pulley / Belt/ Chain arrangement. My hybrid uses a
planetary differential to combine engine and motor. Some call it CVT.

Yup - that was the fault of Toyota on the original Prius. Used to describe
what is more a differential drive. Perhaps CVT wasn't a copyright name?

--
*Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.