Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Cable car emergency brake disabled?

On 26/05/2021 22:46, Max Demian wrote:
On 26/05/2021 15:37, GB wrote:
On 26/05/2021 14:51, Roger Hayter wrote:

Sorry I am oddly uninterested in this whole incident after my
comment in
the DE that 'this is what comes of employing coke sniffing pop stars
instead of competent engineers' was disabled.

Since this was an instance of owners knowingly operatingÂ* equipment
in an
extremely dangerous condition for profit your comment was less
apposite than
in other recent Italian disasters.

One mitigation for all this may be Covid, curiously enough. The winter
sports season was lost, due to lockdown, so the lift operators may
have been desperately short of money to get engineers in to fix things.

The only "mitigation" was that the car carried half the normal number of
people because of "social distancing" requirements.

I agree that mitigation was the wrong word.