Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default OT: Manual or automatic gearbox? and XC60 opinion...

In article , Clive Arthur
writes
On 26/05/2021 13:03, R D S wrote:
I'm looking for a car, XC60 2.0 D4 if anyone has any opinions on those.
I've never owned an automatic and never wanted one but I test drove
one yesterday and while i'm not going to be buying that particular
one having driven it i'm wondering if i'd actually prefer an auto. It
certainly wasn't like autos of old that i've driven.
But if I come back to the idea i'd prefer a manual I can save a
couple of grand.
Looking for opinions from anyone who's changed sides.

Autos are good if you spend a lot of time in slow moving city traffic.
Almost pointless if motorways are all you do.

They work well with adaptive cruise control.

--
bert