Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas Thomas is offline

Default 2004 xterra woes

On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 11:39:21 PM UTC-4, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2021 19:16:13 -0400, wrote:

Another possibility, is he sure it's really overheating,
that the temp sending unit isn't faulty?

Definately overheating. Lost most coolant thru overflow, sprayed over engine.
Major bucking so shut it down. Towed to shop. Replaced thermostat and fan clutch.
Not good enough. My bad comment...had both pressure test and cumbustion test.
Both good. I have 3 nissans with issues and easily forget which

Gee - THREE Nissans??? Gotta ask - is this your only system of
masochism???

Many more.
The xterra was my choice, then wife came with me for a service call and traded a ford explorer for a new 2012 juke. My daughters 2011 murano had a complete tranny failure so I bought it for 1000. Tranny was 4293 and about 800 for rotors and brakes. I did not know that part. Wanted to sell xterra to pay for the murano but it needed to be towed the same exact day i had the murano towed to aamco for tranny.

I will do the checks you asked for, maybe saturday. Thanks for helping.