Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fan oven motor

On 27/05/2021 07:57, Tim+ wrote:
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
The Natural Philosopher laid this down on his screen :
Oven fan? probly phosphor bronze bushings. I'd say 3 in 1 except its gonna be
up to 200C.

Are you sure they run that hot? Our gas oven fan draws cool(er) air in
from the back/rear of the ovens, through the oven and out via the front
door. Idea is, it prevents heat build up around the built in oven
casing.

Electric ovens just circulate the contained air. As my wife bakes sourdough
bread regularly its often cranked up to 220C which I suspect is taking its
toll.

But the motor itself is usually outside the oven cavity and its
insulation and often has a second fan on the shaft, to keep the motor
much cooler.