Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Tesla Ditching Radar

On 5/26/2021 1:44 PM, Frank wrote:
On 5/26/2021 1:24 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/tesla-ditching-radar-for-autopilot-in-model-3-model-y.html

I sometimes get concerned and recall a comment that if cars were like
computers they would probably crash every few days.

One of the problem with cars and all machines for that matter is that
they are crashing more often because of all the computerized crap in them.

We are finalizing an issue like that right now with an electric stove
that has become a money pit after only two years.Â* Company and dealer
are replacing all the electronic for us at minimal cost.

I'm active on an auto forum. Unlike may years ago, no one need a ring
job these day but the amount of electronics issues is amazing. Far more
than mechanical.

Not sure how much blame goes to the car makers as opposed to the
consumer. Car buyers want all the goodies. Many questions are about
why my album art from Spotify does not show on the screen, why can't I
have wireless CarPlay. This model sucks, I have to touch the button on
the handle to unlock the doors. Why can't it unlock when I approach?

Some of it is nifty but we lost track of the main use of a car,
transportation. It has to be an entertainment center too.