Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On 05/25/2021 08:21 PM, wrote:
Do you think the US can produce all of the lithium it needs?

They are claiming 60,000 metric tons per year. Global production in 2019
was 86,000 tons, down to 82,000 in 2020.

After you extract the lithium it doesn't go away.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/05/16/...ery-recycling/

I know of two lead acid battery recycling plants in LA and I assume
there are some in the east. In the US 80% of the lead is from secondary
production. It probably would be higher if you mined the local firing
range

If those levels can be achieved with lithium primary production become
less important. As usual, follow the Franklins to predict what actually
will be done.