Posted to uk.d-i-y,demon.ip.support.turnpike
Nicholas D. Richards[_2_] Nicholas D. Richards[_2_] is offline

Default Turnpike

In article , J. P. Gilliver (John)
on Wed, 26 May 2021 at 13:34:52 awoke Nicholas from
his slumbers and wrote
On Wed, 26 May 2021 at 12:19:03, Nicholas D. Richards
wrote (my responses usually follow points
raised):
In article , John Hall
on Sun, 16 May 2021 at 09:23:36 awoke
Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
Yep, Turnpike still works - but only under 32-bit Windows. I'm running
it successfully under Windows 10.

This message is brought to you under Turnpike ver 5.02M on 64-bit
Windows 7. I cannot speak for 64-bit Windows 10.

Yes, TP 6 - with its shell extension - only works on 32-bit (7 and
later). [Though I believe the Connect part may run under 64-bit.] TP5
apparently works on 64-bit, 7 at least.

Ah yes the Shell Extension. I could never get on with it and is why I
reverted to TP 6 and that was before I converted to Windows 7, just was
glad to discover that it was a wise (20/20 hindsight) move. There is
just a small wrinkle; when you connect on the Connect Application you
get an error 'incorrect structure size' while finding connection
details. The advice from the rump of the Turnpike Team was that this
message could be OK'ed and ignored.

I have been running like that for maybe 10 years.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Oł sont les neiges d'antan?"