Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey[_5_] Joey[_5_] is offline

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote
Joey wrote

Once the soon to be here problem is solved we can take care of the farm.
If oil use is reduced the farm problem can be delayed.

There is no farm problem, farm machinery works fine on grown fuel.

And they are the ones that grow it. Novel concept I realise.

It is all working together.

It is indeed with farm machinery.

Works much better with nukes.

Yep. nuke powered combines. Where can I buy one?

No need to, they harvest the fuel they use fine.

We don't have to mandate grounding airplanes. Lack of jet fuel will do
that in 50 years.

That timescale remains to be seen and doesnt exist with
oil synthesised with the energy from nukes anyway,

Right. Where can I buy some of that?

Dont need to, its easier to keep using the stuff out
of the ground for more than half a century now.

I want to see how my car runs on it. What is the cost per gallon?

See above.

When the time comes, industry will come up with farm equipment that is
either electric or mule powered but we don't have to do that yet.

It will actually grow the fuel. That works fine now.

Ethanol may be part of a solution.

I wasnt talking about ethanol. Diesel
engines work fine right now on grown oil.

BTW. I do not own an electric car yet. If I had two cars, one may be. I
drove one and was quite impressed with many aspects of it, especially
how the AC worked on a sunny 90+ day.

Pity about what that does to the range.

Why?

Because the energy to run it has to come from
somewhere. In spades in the depths of winter, it
cant be waste heat like it can be with an ICE in winter.

If it gets me where I want to go, it does not matter.

And when it doesnt, it does.

If range drops from 300 miles to 200 miles

It drops a hell of a lot more than that in the depths of winter.

I can still make my 20 mile trip today.

But not your longer trips without lots of
wasted time waiting for it to be recharged.

Non-issue for most of us.

Bull****.

The average commute to work in the US is 16 miles, or a 32 mile round
trip.

The average isnt what matters, its the longer than
average commutes and there are plenty of those.

For most, no problem.

Wrong again, half of them do more than the average commute.

Makes a lot more sense to stop ****ing all that natural
gas against the wall heating houses, food, water etc with
no downsides with doing that instead of going to stupid
EVs which have lots of downsides and always will, and
**** the environment with their stupid batteries.