Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default cut gas pipe

On 25/05/2021 12:37, Andy Burns wrote:
fred wrote:

Serious explosion bellied caused by cut gas pipe. How ? Presumably it
was in error but what would you be doing for that to happen?

"criminal investigation"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/24/lancashire-gas-explosion-that-killed-two-year-old-caused-by-cut-gas-pipe

Criminal investigation - the police might have in mind Gross Negligence
Manslaughter, for example.

Seeing as how the people who lived in the house are still in a critical
condition, there may never be any prosecution. And, what would it
achieve anyway?

Bearing in mind that the explosion was at 2AM, the most likely scenario
is a very small nick in the pipe that let gas accumulate once everyone
had gone to bed. I take my hat off to anyone able to work out the cause
of the explosion in that wreckage.