Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default what a load of pish

On Tue, 25 May 2021 10:41:07 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
JNugent wrote:
On 19/05/2021 01:55 pm, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

[ ... ]

When the coroner in London ruled that the little girl who died a few
months ago was due to pollution, there was quite a local fuss. Of
course transport got the blame since she lived close to a busy main
road, but several different types of sources will have contributed to
that pollution.

And unless lots of other people in the location where that unfortunate
girl lived are dropping like flies, falling victim to (only) the
self-same "pollution", then it was probably not the pollution which
killed her, though it might (or might not) have exacerbated whatever it
was.

For a time when I was a boy, we used to live directly on the A59 in
central Liverpool, less than a hundred and fifty yards from the Mersey
Tunnel entrance. There were almost no emission controls in those days,
and as well as traffic (lots of it), we were surrounded by dwellings
burning coal in grates and various industrial premises, including a
nearby brewery, all doing the same.

We all managed to survive.

The human body can be damaged long term by some types of pollution, but
still 'survive'. And not all will be equally effected.

Lead was a prime example.

It's similar to Covid. 'I've not caught it, therefore all these
precautions are stupid, and disrupt my life'

Especially some immigrants who may come from a relatively simple life
style and with genes not adapted to cope with the environment they find
themselves in.