Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default what are they up to?

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article , charles
wrote:
Ordered soemthing cheap (£3) off ebay. Wrong item sent, so I used the
ebay system to return it. Printed paid for address label and handed it
in at local post office. I get an email to say it's been received and
then I get a refund to my credit card. Next day the packet I sent in
the post comes through my letter box marked "Gone Away".

So, they can't have received it.

With many cheap items it often saves the vendor money to simply write it
off, when the mistake is theirs.

Bulk postage from say China is obviously very cheap. The cost of
returning an individual item very likely to exceed the retail price - let
alone the out of pocket cost to them.

Yes, but they'd incurred the return charge when I took the packet to my post
office.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England