Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On Tue, 25 May 2021 17:14:39 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/25/2021 3:50 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2021 21:58:32 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

I don't understand the logic of your posts. When you first started this thread
you were stating that we had to act now and quoted mandates. I stated I didn't
think mandates would work. You insisted we had to act now. I tried to expand
that mandates are the problem and you brought the future in. I added
agriculture because that is local to me and wanted your solution to the
abolition of gasoline.

I'm not abolishing gasoline but we will run out at some point, likely 40
to 50 years from now. Meantime, lets take steps for what we know is
coming, EV vehicles, like it or not. The less we use now, the longer it
will last for those combines you have.

They've been saying 40-50 year for at least 40-50 years and there is
more now than there was 40-50 years ago.

40-50 years ago "they" said we'd be in an ice age now. Nope. 40-50
years ago, "they" said we'd have nuclear fusion by now. Nope. 40-50
years ago, "they" said we'd all be starving because of overpopulation
now. Nope. "They" don't have a very good track record.

Once the soon to be here problem is solved we can take care of the farm.
If oil use is reduced the farm problem can be delayed. It is all
working together.

Ed, what you espouse is an example of closed minded reasoning. I am not being
negative; I am calling out the opposite views as I see them. For every positive
there is a negative.

Again, what is your solution regarding China? Why not mandate they stop
polluting? Why not mandate that all travel must be by rail? Why not mandate the
airplanes be grounded?

WTF does China have to do with us driving cars. You keep bringing a
straw man into it. We can ask but we cannot make China do anything.
Lets keep on topic.

If we used more rail we would use cars less, a good thing. I'm not
suggesting mandates for it, you are.

Hardly. We're using about as much rail as possible now. Intermodal has
made it possible.

We don't have to mandate grounding airplanes. Lack of jet fuel will do
that in 50 years.

Again, my position, mandates do NOT work, business and economics will solve the
problems you espouse.

Unfortunately, until you get those mandates changed we have to move
forward. Complaining about you cannot charge your EV when you visit
your brother is silly because that is an easily solved problem by the
time comes. Business is working on it.

When the time comes, industry will come up with farm equipment that is
either electric or mule powered but we don't have to do that yet.

We're quite capable of mule power. It gets messy for commuting,
though.

Your position or my position on the mandates does not matter. What
matters is real life and we have to deal with it and make life as good
as possible. Let me know when you get them changed.

If you want to stop China from polluting, stop buying stuff from them.
The less they make, the less they pollute.

It's hard not to buy from them. Our businesses and government have
made it all but impossible.

BTW. I do not own an electric car yet. If I had two cars, one may be.
I drove one and was quite impressed with many aspects of it, especially
how the AC worked on a sunny 90+ day.

Used electrics seem to be quite cheap now. It might be worth buying
one as a beater.