Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On Mon, 24 May 2021 21:58:32 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 5/24/2021 5:36 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2021 14:37:16 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

How do I do that with all the employees plugged in? Think I'll be be able to
plugin to the nursing home outlet? Do you think they will have charging
stations for visitors?

Do you think minimum wage nursing home employees will have EVs?

No. but the doctors, nurses, therapists and visitors may. Remains to be
seen.

They may in the future. There are also many charging stations at rest
stops now. Some restaurants have them so you can stop for a snack and
get a charge. More charging stations are popping up every day.

"Stopping for a snack & get a charge" How far will this take you? What's the
mileage for say a 20 minute charge?

So the customers are subsidizing the EV users (again).

What is many? Who pays to install, maintain them?

OK. your lack of knowledge is showing. There are a few commercial
enterprises putting them in and they charge the customer to use them and
they make a profit. Works like gas stations but they sell electric
instead of gas. Some have plans for discounts.

You don't have to upgrade your electric service if you are able to plug
in long enough. My daughter had a loaner that was electric and she just
used an extension cord. That said, if the old farm has 120 service, yes,
you can plug in a car but it takes longer.

Time is money, especially in ag. So you charge up the truck but the combine and
tractor sit because they ran out of juice.

How may electric combines are out there? That is a long way off so
there is time for a solution if ever needed.

Yes, you can do it outside. Nothing new, I plugged in my diesel in
winter 35 years ago so I image they have the technology.

Different application. A block heater doesn't draw the current a charger would
under your scenario.

FACT: My daughter had an EV as a loaner. She just plugged it in to a
household outlet. No upgrade. Yes, it takes longer than a high voltage
but not impossible.

Time is money. Your daughter may not be typical user. What is a typical user of
an EV?

I know of one owner that had two charging stations installed in his
garage. Many owners make that investment. Every situation is different
but so far, many Tesla owners are high income and the cost of a charging
station is not a big deal. Like everything else, over time price drops
with volume.

You think people are closed minded because they don't agree with you. People
are trying to live day to day. Paycheck to paycheck. When the subsidies stop do
you think the average Joe is going to say: Yeah, I'll spend an extra 10k
because that will be good for the earth?

We are not closed minded but looking at reality. Why do you attack people with
opposing viewpoints instead of appreciating their points?

Your answer?

Attacking? No, you don't want to see solutions, you just want to throw
up obstacles.
You are already bringing up combines on farms when that is not even an
issue but you choose to add it in. Maybe in 10 or 30 years.

So the word of the day, since I don't agree with you is I'm closed minded?

See above where your lack of knowledge about what is taking place. You
are not asking questions, just showing how difficult it is.

They are not talking points but negativity. They are all problems that
can and will be overcome. If you were truly looking at reality you
would be facing the problems head on and solving them.

See above.

See above

No, it is not as simple as topping at a gas station but is is one of
many solutions. You have to WANT to see them.

I don't have to want anything. Maybe I like life the way it is. Your WANTS are
different then mine but you won't open your mind to that.

I like life the way it is too. Have you ever looked at the changes over
the past 10,000 years? It is not going to be the same, like it or not.
You can look at the future and see how you have to change or you can
wait until it is too late and be shocked. Adapt or die.

Reminds me of a meeting at work some years ago and two people were going
back and forth about a situation. The boss stopped them and said I want
you to bring me solutions, not problems. Changed attitude on how to
make things work.

So now you are admitting you are the BOSS. Your way or the highway. You have no
use for any else's viewpoints. There are plenty of people working on solutions;
take this posts subject for example. All the vehicle manufacturers are working
on the solutions. The CONSUMER will determine who wins the prize. Not YOU & you
better get used to it. What amount of auto emissions contribute to global
warming - in the USA? Versus the world?

WTF???? I never said I was the boss. Why are you making **** up?

What if the cure is worse than the disease? What if these future batteries
cause sufarcus poisoning? All the EVs have them. What do you do then. Mandate
them out of existence, with no solutions.

Right, a lot of stuff to sort out. Do you do nothing? I'm sure there
will be different generations as we progress. Look, they even make
airplanes with just one wing now.

Why do you not set your sights on China? They are the worlds biggest polluters,
they use slave labor, they will ship their (supposedly compliant) crap over
here without restriction. That will would help your immediate issues and allow
time to develop longer term solutions. Why not attack the problem at it's
source?

So do nothing for us? What do we do when oil runs out? Are you really
that short sighted?

I don't have any solutions, I don't think you or anybody here has any solution.
There are plenty of people working on it that are smarter and it's in their
field of expertise, but the way I see it MANDATES are not one of them.

Again, later.

Right, they are working on it in a POSITITVE way but you only see
problems and don't want to try to change things. You and I cannot
change the mandates ut we can do things to make them work better for
us. Or we can just bitch about it.

You and I CAN change the mandates. The mandates are made to cater to a specific
class of people - such as yourself - to favor for support and backing. These
mandates have no science behind them, no freethinking other than the present.

I don't understand the logic of your posts. When you first started this thread
you were stating that we had to act now and quoted mandates. I stated I didn't
think mandates would work. You insisted we had to act now. I tried to expand
that mandates are the problem and you brought the future in. I added
agriculture because that is local to me and wanted your solution to the
abolition of gasoline.

Ed, what you espouse is an example of closed minded reasoning. I am not being
negative; I am calling out the opposite views as I see them. For every positive
there is a negative.

Again, what is your solution regarding China? Why not mandate they stop
polluting? Why not mandate that all travel must be by rail? Why not mandate the
airplanes be grounded?

Again, my position, mandates do NOT work, business and economics will solve the
problems you espouse.

--
Tekkie