Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Spain's New Variable Price Electricity

On 24/05/2021 15:21, Andrew wrote:
On 23/05/2021 22:33, Max Demian wrote:
On 23/05/2021 18:30, Andrew wrote:
On 23/05/2021 10:46, Jethro_uk wrote:

If there was any honesty in the free market mantra the Tories use to
shot
on us, we should be able to buy our electricity from Spain. Or indeed
anywhere.

I'm still waiting to be able to change my water company - as
promised by
their privatisation. When's that due ?

That was never offered with privatisation. You had the option to go onto
metered water and pay for what you actually use. You can always go off
grid, with your own well and private sewage treatment works, as some
rural folks have to.

There cannot be an option to switch suppliers without a National water
grid, which will never happen.

That's about how the utility is delivered, which is the same with
electricity and gas.

Competition is between the people who send out the bills.

Err, no. With gas and electricity all the inputs are fed into
the respective grid system. The users all tap into these two
grid systems. The gas and electrons could have come from anywhere
on the grid.

How would a water grid change things?

--
Max Demian