Trenchrat

Default Catpoop in the sandpit

"Terry" wrote in message

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
eggs wrote:
I know there has just been a thread about getting rid of cats that
poop in the yard, but I have a more difficult problem that I hope

you
can help me solve. The neigbour's cat is pooping in the kids'
sandpit. Because the kids play in the sand, I can't use any hot
pepper sprays, or it will get the kids too. An additional problem

is
that I live in Sydney, Australia, which is under strict water
restrictions due to drought, so spinkler systems are currently
illegal. Beyond capturing the cat and driving it many miles from
home, I am stumped as to what to do.

Suggestion: Read somewhere that cats don't like the camphor smell of
mothballs?
Scatter a few in the sand box/pit and around, and try it?
Also we've had some success by frightening and chasing cats

aggressively and
noisily away. They then learn to go somewhere else to do their

business
where they are not chased and barked at by humans, who also throw

things at
them such as jugs of water, bits of wood etc. Want to hear my

imitation dog
bark? The whole point being to make as much noise at the cat as

reasonable
the moment it comes into the 'wrong' area.
I heard of one guy who played recordings of barking dogs through an
extension speaker, placed in his back yard, from his stereo; don't

know how
well it worked.
Terry in Canada.

My neighbor just plays redneck music. THat does the trick.

CIVIL WAR 2004