Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Trying to hang upper cabinets in 100+ yr old brick wall.

On 24/05/2021 13:08, Fredxx wrote:
On 23/05/2021 21:18, Owain Lastname wrote:
On Sunday, 23 May 2021 at 20:45:07 UTC+1, SueEllen wrote:
I mounted my kitchen cabinets into 100+ yr old brick using a
masonry bit, and wall anchors.

I would strongly recommend using the wall hanging bar, which means
you can put in multiple fixings along the row of cabinets, and also
ensures all the cabinets are level.

example:
https://www.locksonline.com/Cabinet-...Long-6492.html

You've converted me too, but only one issue. The top of the cabinet will
now be 9mm or so further from the wall than the bottom.

Did you use packing to keep the cabinet vertical?

Don't you cut a little recess into the uprights at the back so that they
still go flush? Not that 9mm would show in most cases.