Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Trying to hang upper cabinets in 100+ yr old brick wall.

On 23/05/2021 22:45, newshound wrote:
On 23/05/2021 22:24, JohnP wrote:
Owain Lastname wrote in
:

https://www.locksonline.com/Cabinet-...mm-Long-6492.h
tml

That would be my absolute favourite after watching a builder arsing
around
with lots of individual ones. Needs a small cutout in the rear of the
sides
of the cabinets.

Arguably an even better idea than a batten underneath, apart from the
fiddle of notching the uprights. The other thing I like about "my"
battens is that it's easy to put screw hooks into them for hanging
utensils. I also have mini strip lights mounted on some of mine. (These
are not visible from the front in my case because I have "home-made"
doors that stretch down a couple of inches below the bottom shelf).

Many of my cabinets are hung quite simply on a piece of MDF cut to fit
*inside* the back of the cabinet, *behind* the cabinet rear panel,
screwed to the wall wherever there are studs.

A couple of screws from onside the cabinet into the MDF secures them

--
Any fool can believe in principles - and most of them do!