Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Able[_2_] Peter Able[_2_] is offline

Default what are they up to?

On 23/05/2021 21:03, charles wrote:
Ordered soemthing cheap (£3) off ebay. Wrong item sent, so I used the ebay
system to return it. Printed paid for address label and handed it in at
local post office. I get an email to say it's been received and then I get
a refund to my credit card. Next day the packet I sent in the post comes
through my letter box marked "Gone Away".

So, they can't have received it.

I've rejected many low-cost items that were not as described. I've
never been asked to return the goods. If you were on a fraction of £3
profit wouldn't you regard the occasional write-off as an inevitable
cost, but one to be minimised?

As they say in the world of accountancy - the first loss is always the
cheapest.

PA