Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How many hours would it take to build a simple 10 x 12 shed?

On Sun, 23 May 2021 19:48:27 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 5/23/2021 7:27 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 23 May 2021 18:24:31 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 5/23/2021 3:27 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 23 May 2021 11:36:14 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

I did a small one years ago from Sears assembled from aluminum. Only
check at the time was required distance from property line.

These rules do change with time. With neighbors selling houses I found
that I probably have a couple minor violations. Stupid stuff like
putting AC condensate into the French Drain.

Why would AC condensate into a french drain be a problem, any more
than dumping it on the ground? It's your drain, I would guess (never
heard of a community french drain).

It is collective, bureaucratic thinking that leads to rules like this.

I had a new well dug two years ago and the current rule required the
well head to extend a foot above the ground. My old well was maybe 2
inches. The new rule was to prevent ground storm water from entering
the well. If you saw my yard you would know that is impossible but does
not matter. Rules are rules. I have it covered with a fake rock.

A friend was forced to connect to town water, then cap his well. He
couldn't even use it for irrigation.

That is weird.

I know near here when the water company put in a well and dropped the
aquifer affecting nearby homeowner wells that they had to run water
lines to them.

When a sewer line goes past your property you have to pay for it but do
not have to use it.

They are going to make us hook up when it gets here. Fortunately the
survey they did about river contamination said our neighborhood was of
minimal concern so I might not live long enough to see it coming here.
The best guess is it will be $40k-$50k by the time you pay your
plumber and pay for the installation at the street, lift stations,
force mains and such. They say some of that will be covered by "clean
water" grants and city funds tho. It might be 5 years before they
actually get the first SFR lot connected but the two trailer parks
will go faster since they already have pipe in the ground to a central
treatment plant and they are close to an existing force main. We are
at the end of a 1 mile dead end street with nothing there yet but
water, still a half mile from me.