Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default no light bulb in your light fixture.

"micky" wrote in message
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 24 May 2021 08:04:18 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

micky wrote

I was at a friend's tonight and he had a porch wall light
that used LEDs, little flat ones, so from the outside of
the fixture it appears there is no light bulb inside.

From your own pov, would it bother you when you
look at it that there's no light bulb in your light fixture.

Nope and there isnt in half of mine.

Would you miss the appearance of a lightbulb, candle, wick, gas jet?

Nope, and I deliberately avoid the stupid copys
of candles, wicks, gas jets and filaments.

Just emptiness, like our hollow lives?

Speak for yourself, nothing hollow about mine.

Well, that was an exaggeration. It seemed to follow from "emptiness".

Other than that, it seemed very nice.
Uses very litle electricity.

Mine too and very easy to completely automate.
I don't use switches at all anymore.

Wow.

Yeah, its mostly done with movement sensor.

The start of the day and end of the day with google home
minis but that for extra data like the weather forecast and
time of day etc as well as the lights.