Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Joey[_5_] Joey[_5_] is offline

Default OT: Eating sentient beings?

"rbowman" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 May 2021 14:08:43 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

On 17/05/2021 12:15, whisky-dave wrote:
On Sunday, 16 May 2021 at 13:10:55 UTC+1, Fredxx wrote:
On 15/05/2021 19:03, T i m wrote:
And the indoctrination that leads to such exploitation starts at an
early age:

https://ibb.co/wcMQjvn
Quite, we evolved the lactase persistent gene years ago.

Some have 'evloved' to not be able to eat nuts although there are
three distinct things
we ignorantly refer to as nuts.

I don't know much about nut allergies. There was an article some time
ago that correlated how we are slow to introduce nuts to children, for
fear of choking, and this might add to this allergy.

Since peanuts aren't technically a nut, you can eat those with a nut
allergy.

Unless you have a peanut allergy. I couldn't find statistics for how many
people have both but apparently peanut allergies are much more prevalent
now.

https://www.scienceabc.com/eyeopener...allergies.html

I'd put my money on parents that won't give little kids peanuts because
they possibly might be allergic.

https://www.businessinsider.com/amer...s-2018-10?op=1

When I was a kid I ordered PB&J for my school lunch so consistently my
teacher, Miss McCarthy, told me I should expand my horizons so I ordered
bologna to make her happy. I thought bologna on margarine covered bread
sucked. Still do.

The next day I was sick but probably nothing to do with the bologna. It
happened to by St. Patrick's day and watching a TV show running down Irish
names suggested Miss McCarthy was Irish.

The next day I was back to PB&J but being a wise ass I had to throw in
'I'll never take advice from an Irishman again.' Being a small town that
led to some discrete inquiries about my home situation. In truth, Germans
always got along very well with the Irish; it's the ****ing Brits neither
of us care for.

And yet they have kraut kings and queens.