Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default A genuine home repair question.

In article , says...

** "Water is incompressible"

IIRC, it actually is but it takes a really large amount of energy. If
the sun were 100% converted to energy, it still wouldn't be enough.

I doubt that.
And what volume of water compressed by how much?

Plutonium "fission" atom bombs originally (and probably still) work on
"implosion". Explosives around the plutonium reduce the volume of the
solid metal sphere to 1/2 the original volume (so the entire sphere is
suddenly "critical").

The info I see is the plutonium is a hollow sphere filled with hydrogen
gas, so relative easy to compress with the bomb around it that sets it
off. It is not a solid sphere.

For all practical purposes water is incompressible. I am sure it could
be compressed if it fell into a black hole.