Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default A palm router.

On 22/05/2021 19:03, Chris Bacon wrote:

I obhtug one o' them there Katsu routers. Anyone else got one, and
experience to relate? This with 1/4" and 3/8" collets, intended use in
conjunction with Mighton's TCT 2mm slot cutter for applying weather
stripping to timber windows & doors an other light endeavours.

Is the query specific to palm routers, or that particular model?

Slot cutter should be fine (and in some way is less unintuitive[1] to
use in a fixed base router than a plunge one)

[1] I find them quite easy to mess up bits of wood with by forgetting
that you can't use any kind of plunge action with them, and need to
place them on to the reference surface without having a lump out of it,
then sliding into the cut, then cutting, then sliding out, and finally
removing from the reference surface also with having a lump out of it!

--
Cheers,

John.