Posted to alt.home.repair
Peeler[_4_] Peeler[_4_] is offline

On Sun, 23 May 2021 11:59:01 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Labour :

1. Digging out and prepping/laying a decent base ?
.. a very important step which could involve a lot of man-hours !
.. think about it - rocks, tree roots, etc
1 - 2 days hard labour

Nothing like that for a competent person.

In auto-contradicting mode again, senile pest?

- maybe not for a carpenter

2. carpentry hours ? rough guess 2 days.

Nothing like that for a competent person.

In auto-contradicting mode again, senile pest?

Not labour :

2. Building permit ? in my area 10 x 12 requires it .

3. Flooring ? pressure treated 5/4 is my preferred.
cheaper choices will rot out in 10 years.

Not needed with a concrete base.

In auto-contradicting mode again, senile pest?

4. Metal roof ? if you say so.

5. don't forget to have some ventilation - screened against bugs.

Never bothered with any small shed like that.

In auto-contradicting mode again, senile pest?

I'm happy with my circa 1998 9 x 12 salt box.

- copied from my local builder's demo's with a few
minor changes - I just walked in with my tape measure
and clipboard and drew-up a plan. Double-checked my
material list and ordered the lumber next day.

PT 4x4 base and PT 2x4 sill ; 2x4 econo-stud framed ;
board & batten siding rough pine on sale planed 1 side
5/4 PT floor - a splurge - no regrets ; asphalt shingles ;
~ $ 700. materials. ~ triple that today ?

Nothing like that for a decent shed today.

In auto-contradicting mode again, senile pest?

... a labour of love ie: no cost !
Shingles are still OK ! ... buying cheapo shingles for
a garden shed doesn't add up in the long run.

Makes no sense to have shingles with a garden shed.

In auto-contradicting mode again, senile pest?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID: