Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How many hours would it take to build a simple 10 x 12 shed?

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 10:21:41 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 5/23/2021 10:14 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

I bought it in CT. I did need a permit but it was simple. I just drew
a box on the plot plan and showed it was X feet from the boundary line,
paid $20.

No shed in FL. I now longer have a snow blower to store and pay to have
my lawn cut.

The permits vary from state to state and even town to town in some
areas. Where I am at in NC out in the country you need a permit for a
building that is over 10 feet by 12 or could be 15 feet, forgot which.
Anything smaller they just drop it off if prebuilt. Larger needs
inspections and anchored down. Friend in another county had to pay over
200 for a permit for a prebuilt 12 x 24 buiding.

I just put in a carport type metal garage that was 24 by 26 feet and
cement pad and all. Cost for the permit in my county was 65 dollars and
the inspector had to come out several times for various stages such as
the footing, final pad pouring, building its self.

County laws vary widely. Our swim club got stung when they widened the
pool by two lanes without a permit. Who would know that is needed?

The company that did the work? I would expect you'd need one for that
many places today, like here in NJ.

I had a problem when I got a new deck requiring permits to demolish the
old deck and one to build a new one. This is only required in our
county. Then the g d tax assessor added to my property tax even though
the same size deck.