Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Two world wars and one would cup ..not

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 23/05/2021 16:24, fred wrote:
John le Carre quote

To hear Brexiters claiming that Britain won the war single-handedly is,
he says, €œemetic€. €œThe wonderful rightwing military historian Max
Hastings points out that we were bad fighters, that we were extremely
badly organised, and our contribution in terms of blood and wealth and
material was €“ I cant say trivial, but tremendously small by comparison
to the sacrifices of the other major powers. Russia lost, what, 30
million men? And in treasure, heaven knows what. We didnt win the war in
that sense. We were on the winning side by the end, but we were really
quite minor players.€

There must be a name for someone who hates his native country so much that
he relinquishes it in the end.

There is, emigrant.

And its not just hates, its normally recognises its limitations.