Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] angelica...@yahoo.com is offline

Default ice and water shield

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 6:12:09 AM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

And you sensibly went for a masonry house, but were
stupid enough to use stupid shingles for the roof.

Some engineer you two are.

I didn't know it was masonry until after we signed the papers.
It never occurred to me to ask; I assumed it was stick-built.

Some engineer you are.

In retrospect, I would have preferred a stick-built house.

More fool you.

For one thing, I'd be able to insulate the
exterior walls so I wouldn't have R1 walls.

You can with masonry walls.

I would have to pull down the ancient drywall,

Nope.
fur out the walls, and replace the drywall.

Nope.
Not a job I'm interested in undertaking.

Some engineer you are.
For another, we wouldn't have to rent
a diamond-bit core drill every time we
want to make some kind hole in the house.

You dont.

How should I make those penetrations, then?

Use an SDS.

Or buy a cheap diamond bit.
First I have to go through the split fieldstone
veneer, then through the concrete block.

And SDS will do that fine.
Why should I pay a premium for a steel roof
when shingles will outlive me anyway?

Because it isnt just about you, stupid. Some engineer you are.

It is just about me.

Nope.
What happens to this house after
I die is of no concern to me.

Some engineer you are.

Although I dearly love debating on Usenet, you aren't presenting
any arguments for doing what you advocate. You're just mindlessly
repeating that I'm not much of an engineer.

Fail.

Cindy Hamilton