Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default Spain's New Variable Price Electricity

Brian Gaff (Sofa) used his keyboard to write :
Well I cannot change supplier here, and that is because I get a good billing
system for blind people, but when I enquired about tariffs they told me there
are no more cheap ones than their standard e7 variable, which they say does
vary, well a clue is in the name I guess, and the others come back as more
costly but are preserved at 2 and three years respectively. This seems to me
like you are being asked to gamble, IE if you look recent performance of the
standard e7 variable and the current other products they are not much
different, but if prices rise generally you may find the more expensive
option is cheaper for the next couple of years.
My Smart meter arrives tomorrow, I wonder what the next cock up will be?

I have stayed on fixed period, fixed tarriffs for the past few years
and have broken more of less even each year, until this current year.

The current year, MSE emailed to suggest my present provider was
offering a cheaper tarriff and I should swap. I swapped without
checking, MSE then followed it up with an email saying they had got it
wrong. It turned out they had actually got it right and I'm now on a
cheaper tarrif than I would have had, had I sought out the best deal
when my contract expired.