Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Oops, if you're unvaccinated.

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 23 May 2021 05:59:52 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .

And when I look at a spot on a map, I see what I saw when I was there.
(That's a separate thing related to my close relationship to maps.)

Yeah, me too. Doesn't work for lots of people tho.

I can from memory draw a map of the 2 countries I've been to lately,
including the shape of the country in detail, where cities are, the
roads between them, where "attractions" are, and within the cities the
major and sometimes the minor streets. I don't need a map anymore to
get around the cities or the country. Places I'd never been to before
2017.

Yeah, I have always had an excellent sense of direction, never get lost
even in places I have never been to before with no map or gps.

That too. The whole thing is eerie.

It's not literally 100%, but there are times I don't see how I possibly
had enough information to know where I am, but I still know.

I was stunned when I bloke I was working with when discussing
something in his office said 'the swamp' and waved his arm in
the direction 180 degrees from where it actually is.

And when a mate of mine who chose to drive himself behind
me to a place just out of town had to come back at the same
time as I did because he wasn't confident that he could
come back by himself in his own car.

But I can't remember what word I want to use, or the
name of the person who invented whachamacallit.

Or even the name of some notorious criminal.

I never forget Manson's name or Hitlers tho for some reason.

And where is my recycle bin?

Much of the stuff I can't rmemeber might still be in there,

Yeah, I often find I can remember it later, particularly
with people I used to work with a lot decades ago.

because details come back to me sometimes after a few hours.
But I don't know how to speed this up or make it more frequent.

I don't either.