Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Gas Pricing

On Sat, 22 May 2021 20:12:07 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/22/2021 01:14 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
I forgot to add to my previous post... The developers got ****ed at the
township when they mandated the cul-de-sac radius increased. Found out you
couldn't get a fire truck around them, of course they had to increase it more
because the new residents would never park in the street - would they?

The company I drove for handled a lot of furniture, most of which was
warehouse to warehouse but every now and then it would be mom and pop
furniture store or very rarely a residential delivery someone had wrangled.

One of the residential deals was out in the boonies north of Boise. The
directions were good but I was a little dubious about the road. So I got
there and we got their shiny new recliner off the truck, which was a
straight 53' trailer, no fancy hydraulic tailgate. The couple were nice
and not spring chicken so I helped them get it into the house and set up
in the living room.

Then came the question that had been bugging me. 'How do I get out of
here?' The nice old gentleman told me the road was a dead end but there
was a cul-de-sac about a half mile further on. He added that it was
going to be tight with my rig but if I ran over a mail box not to worry
since the owner was a son of a bitch. I don't know if that was a
suggestion but I did manage to get the rig pointed in the other
direction without destroying anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctZ7hJBSrpM