Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Gas Pricing

On Tue, 18 May 2021 16:11:23 -0400, Tekkie©
wrote:

On Mon, 17 May 2021 21:22:41 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/17/2021 02:18 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
The area I live in is getting rid of the loops in favor of cameras that detect
objects in the field of vision. It senses bikes fine. It does not record plates
or drivers faces for enforcement. Also sonar is used to detect traffic
movement, we want people to get out of here as quickly as possible... The state
also requires us to have traffic preemption devices to give priority to
emergency vehicles. Turns all lights red except for the EV which is green. The
cost of traffic signals is about $100k depending on the posts. Then you have
maintenance. When the power goes out the fire co. has to haul out generators to
power the lights otherwise the fire police are out there in all kinds of
weather forever. Drivers don't know they are supposed to stop for a broken
light.

https://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...654a6cf4f.html

Another little Montana quirk... No RealID, no COVID passport, no
testicles in the girls' sports, no Biden magazine bans, etc. Funny thing
is both the Democratic and Republican governors tell DC to screw off.

They does have the preemption devices. The one that drives me crazy is
an intersection I go through almost every day. If I go straight I have
to make a left turn. If I stay in the left turn lane I make a right turn
to get to the same place which is more efficient.

The straight ahead signal changes first. Sometimes the left turn signal
changes at the same time. Sometimes it's a minute or more. Damned if I
ever figured out the logic.

It depends when you trigger the signal. I know the light near me does the same
thing. The state determines the timing, they have eng-inears to figure it all
out...

Lee County has a traffic control computer system that regulates all
the lights at major intersections and it works surprisingly well. Most
of the time you can go 8-10 miles on US 41 past dozens of lights and
never see a red.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/18/2021 02:11 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
It depends when you trigger the signal. I know the light near me does the same
thing. The state determines the timing, they have eng-inears to figure it all
out...

Yeah, we got some of those too. They're big on 'traffic calming'
rotaries and bulb-outs. The cute little miniature rotaries are fun on a
motorcycle. If you're on a bicycle the bulb-out force you out into the
traffic lane. Great thinking.

One of the main drags is a challenge. The homeless shelter is on the
north side of the street and a microbrewery directly across the street
on the south side. After a homeless citizen got launched to Mars, they
redid it from 4 lanes to 2 and put in two crosswalks with lights.

Not really understanding humans, both crosswalks are a couple of hundred
yards from the bee-line path.

Oh well, the mayor is a Democrat so I imagine he's good at sucking down
federal funding.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Tue, 18 May 2021 20:13:36 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Oh well, the mayor is a Democrat so I imagine he's good at sucking down
federal funding.

Most likely NOT as good at blathering endlessly and idiotically as you are,
senile gossip. BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 May 2021 23:16:13 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Lee County has a traffic control computer system that regulates all
the lights at major intersections and it works surprisingly well. Most
of the time you can go 8-10 miles on US 41 past dozens of lights and
never see a red.

Our small town that is about 15 blocks long on main street has the
lights set so that almost no matter what you do, you get stopped at
every other light. Reason the town gave was so you could (have to )
look at the stores and their display windows.

The speed limit on US41 is 50 so they really don't want you looking at
windows and the stores are usually behind a row of trees anyway. They
try to make you forget there are stores back there. They also have
rules than make the signs small and somewhat hidden.
It is tough if you don't know where you are going.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Tue, 18 May 2021 23:16:13 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Lee County has a traffic control computer system that regulates all
the lights at major intersections and it works surprisingly well. Most
of the time you can go 8-10 miles on US 41 past dozens of lights and
never see a red.

Our small town that is about 15 blocks long on main street has the
lights set so that almost no matter what you do, you get stopped at
every other light. Reason the town gave was so you could (have to )
look at the stores and their display windows.

The speed limit on US41 is 50 so they really don't want you looking at
windows and the stores are usually behind a row of trees anyway. They
try to make you forget there are stores back there. They also have
rules than make the signs small and somewhat hidden.

It is tough if you don't know where you are going.

Not if you have enough of a clue to use google maps on your smartphone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 May 2021 16:03:13 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

It is tough if you don't know where you are going.

Not if

LOL!!! Pathological auto-contradicing senile pest!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 May 2021 21:03:57 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:

[...]

Around here they are connected with fiber. Programmed for "rush hour"
conditions. They are now confused because there is no rush hour here. But
traffic is increasing and they are adaptable so I suppose flow will improve.
The trouble with PA is the many of the side streets with short stretches
between the main artery's mess things up. Old single lane roads with no turn
lanes, etc. I am in country bumpkin country with literally cow paths converted
in major roads that do not allow improvement because houses are abutting the
road. The cops can see the images from the cameras and monitor the traffic, but
who has time for that? They are better things to do than traffic tickets.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 May 2021 20:13:36 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

One of the main drags is a challenge. The homeless shelter is on the
north side of the street and a microbrewery directly across the street
on the south side. After a homeless citizen got launched to Mars, they
redid it from 4 lanes to 2 and put in two crosswalks with lights.

Typical gov't reaction. PA is going the route of roundabouts. The only problem
is they have to purchase the real estate - which in this state can be a
business.

I personally like roundabouts because I despise traffic signals. I wish the
dufus drivers would learn that one does not have to stop to enter, if nobodies
there.
I have a long list of complaints which other posters don't want to hear about.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/20/2021 4:09 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Tue, 18 May 2021 20:13:36 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

One of the main drags is a challenge. The homeless shelter is on the
north side of the street and a microbrewery directly across the street
on the south side. After a homeless citizen got launched to Mars, they
redid it from 4 lanes to 2 and put in two crosswalks with lights.

Typical gov't reaction. PA is going the route of roundabouts. The only problem
is they have to purchase the real estate - which in this state can be a
business.

I personally like roundabouts because I despise traffic signals. I wish the
dufus drivers would learn that one does not have to stop to enter, if nobodies
there.
I have a long list of complaints which other posters don't want to hear about.

Going from Philly to the Jersey shore there were a few big roundabouts
(circles) and in the 1970s they got rid of them to make traffic flow
better. I guess what is old is new again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 May 2021 16:09:20 -0400, Tekkie©
wrote:

On Tue, 18 May 2021 20:13:36 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

One of the main drags is a challenge. The homeless shelter is on the
north side of the street and a microbrewery directly across the street
on the south side. After a homeless citizen got launched to Mars, they
redid it from 4 lanes to 2 and put in two crosswalks with lights.

Typical gov't reaction. PA is going the route of roundabouts. The only problem
is they have to purchase the real estate - which in this state can be a
business.

I personally like roundabouts because I despise traffic signals. I wish the
dufus drivers would learn that one does not have to stop to enter, if nobodies
there.
I have a long list of complaints which other posters don't want to hear about.

Roundabouts are great until the traffic overloads them, then you get
lights on the roundabout.
DC is full of them and the big ones ended up getting tunnels under
them. They all have lights.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/20/2021 02:09 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Typical gov't reaction. PA is going the route of roundabouts. The only problem
is they have to purchase the real estate - which in this state can be a
business.

We've got one where the circle is tangent to the street centerline if
you can picture that. The high school wasn't giving up an inch of their
athletic field so the whole mess is offset to the south.

I personally like roundabouts because I despise traffic signals. I wish the
dufus drivers would learn that one does not have to stop to enter, if nobodies
there.

Many of the roundabouts here replace 4-way stop intersections, or
intersections that never had stop signs. Those work surprisingly well
with people taking turns or yielding in a civilized manner.

However that does lead to the problem of people still treating them like
4-way stops. The small ones are really bad. If someone is entering 90
degrees to your left there isn't enough room to determine if he's going
to exit on the street where you are, or go 180 degrees.

Large trucks go straight through, as in running over the damn center
section because no way are they going to make it on the pavement. They
used to plant flowers in the center but gave up on that idea,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 May 2021 19:43:17 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

We've got one where the circle is tangent to the street centerline if

What off topic **** is this about again, you endlessly driveling senile
bigmouth?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 May 2021 19:02:39 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

[...]

And now in NJ they are installing roundabouts. They gave some baloney how they
were different.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 May 2021 19:43:17 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

[...]

That is one of the problems with installing them, they don't have the real
estate to accomplish it properly so they make do, hence the truck *mudding* the
center section and tangents. You are correct in your comments about the small
ones.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

I forgot to add to my previous post... The developers got ****ed at the
township when they mandated the cul-de-sac radius increased. Found out you
couldn't get a fire truck around them, of course they had to increase it more
because the new residents would never park in the street - would they?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/22/2021 01:14 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
I forgot to add to my previous post... The developers got ****ed at the
township when they mandated the cul-de-sac radius increased. Found out you
couldn't get a fire truck around them, of course they had to increase it more
because the new residents would never park in the street - would they?

The company I drove for handled a lot of furniture, most of which was
warehouse to warehouse but every now and then it would be mom and pop
furniture store or very rarely a residential delivery someone had wrangled.

One of the residential deals was out in the boonies north of Boise. The
directions were good but I was a little dubious about the road. So I got
there and we got their shiny new recliner off the truck, which was a
straight 53' trailer, no fancy hydraulic tailgate. The couple were nice
and not spring chicken so I helped them get it into the house and set up
in the living room.

Then came the question that had been bugging me. 'How do I get out of
here?' The nice old gentleman told me the road was a dead end but there
was a cul-de-sac about a half mile further on. He added that it was
going to be tight with my rig but if I ran over a mail box not to worry
since the owner was a son of a bitch. I don't know if that was a
suggestion but I did manage to get the rig pointed in the other
direction without destroying anything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 May 2021 20:12:07 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

[...]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctZ7hJBSrpM

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 May 2021 20:12:07 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Then came the question that had been bugging me. 'How do I get out of
here?'

The one burning question here is, how does one get an endlessly gossiping
senile asshole like you out of this group, lowbrowwoman?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 4:19:17 AM UTC-4, Peeler wrote:
On Sat, 22 May 2021 20:12:07 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,
Then came the question that had been bugging me. 'How do I get out of
here?'

The one burning question here is, how does one get an endlessly gossiping
senile asshole like you out of this group, lowbrowwoman?

Gassed up 10 minutes ago. 3.19 reg, 4.25 high test. PA. Oh, I forgot to add point 9.