Posted to uk.d-i-y
Joey[_5_] Joey[_5_] is offline

Default There's lucky

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , Joey
writes

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
Last time I used the car, as I parked up in my garage back home, one of
the lenses of my driving glasses fell out, just as I removed them. The
clamp screw had udone itself, releasing the lens. In a bit of a rush, I
just tapped myself down, hoping the screw would land on my seat, so I
could find it later.

Getting the car out yesterday, I realised I forgotten to deal with the
problem, so I searched the seat, the car floor and the garage floor
without finding the missing screw. I grabbed the glasses and lens, to
take indoors to see if I could find another to fit, only to find the
missing screw still caught in the frame. All it needed was the lens put
in place and the screw tightened into place.

All of those screws have been captive screws with all of my frames
and I have had lots over the 65+ years I have been wearing glasses.

Mine drop out regularly.

Then you should get a clue and use a different supplier
or use nail varnish etc when you get a new one.

I have a set of watchmakers screwdrivers and lots of disused glasses to
cannibalise.

Makes more sense to do the above.

Specsavers were very sniffy when I asked if I could have/buy a few spare
screws. They start off much longer for ease of handling and you break off
the excess once tightened.

Still better to ensure they don't come unscrewed.