Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On 5/22/2021 1:44 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/22/2021 10:35 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
You have a lot of plans for nukes.Â* Better get them started to be ready
in time.Â* This is the time needed for construction, the permitting
process can be very long too.

How long does it take to build a new power plant?
40-60 months
If we're talking actual construction time of a nuclear power plant, it's
a bit of a long endeavor and depends on the design. Generally, plant
construction can take 40-60 months from the first concrete pour to the
end of construction when fuel is loaded.

Any technology you foresee is going to be online faster? The same crowd
that doesn't want a nuke in their backyard isn't going to want a wind
farm or solar installation either. Good luck at turning every roof in LA
into a solar generating station.

Nothing is faster but when do we start? You really have to look to the
future and plan for it. There is good reason I don't live in CA. They
should be building nukes now if they want to transition to EVs.

Like it or not, they are coming and we don't have the infrastructure to
support it. Sorry folks, but you will have nukes and windmills in the
backyard. Or it will be very dark riding your bike to the store.