Posted to alt.home.repair
Heywood[_3_] Heywood[_3_] is offline

Default ice and water shield

On 5/22/2021 3:35 PM, Joey wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 5/22/2021 1:17 PM, Joey wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 5/21/2021 11:25 PM, Joey wrote:

I priced a hidden-fastner metal roof install and it was twice the
cost of the GAF Timberline shingles. Guess which I chose.

Did the same about 20 years ago.Â* Made no sense to spend that much
more.

Corse it does when it lasts much longer.
Mine is just as good as it was when new,
now 50 years later.

Same with bricks instead of the stupid
timber you fools use for the walls too.

Bricks were not readily available in many parts of the country.

Only because you fools do your houses using
cheap and nasty timber and sidings. And even
you should have noticed that the timber and
sidings dont actually come from some forest
down the road. Iron ore mine in spades.

If you look at much of the northeast from Boston to Virginia there
are a lot of brick homes.Â* You need clay and kilns to make them.

Everyone has some clay not too far away.

Not readily available in other places

BULL**** with the clay and even you should
be able to work out how to make a kiln.

Such a shame you were not available to show them how to do this
economically all over the country.

They dont because so many of you fools go for cheap
and nasty timber and siding houses and trailer parks.

The housing industry would be far different today.

It would indeed, and do much better in tornados too.

With a nuke powered kiln they could knock out millions of bricks.

They could indeed, but you lot are too stupid to build new nukes
anymore and build stupid EVs and use stupid shingles instead.

Nothing wrong with brick houses but it is not as simple as you seem to
think it is. We have people living in tents because they cannot afford
a lace to live. Brick hoses cost more to build and would be out of
reach for many.

Other considerations are labor, skills, material availability.

The last two houses I built were Insulated Concrete Forms, ICFs.
Strong, fast, well insulated and economical. There are a dozen
suppliers, each with different methods and advantages, all good.
Polysteel, Standard ICF, Build Block Phil-Insul for starters.