Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default OT. Gas Pricing

On Thu, 20 May 2021 19:43:17 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/20/2021 02:09 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
Typical gov't reaction. PA is going the route of roundabouts. The only problem
is they have to purchase the real estate - which in this state can be a
business.

We've got one where the circle is tangent to the street centerline if
you can picture that. The high school wasn't giving up an inch of their
athletic field so the whole mess is offset to the south.

I personally like roundabouts because I despise traffic signals. I wish the
dufus drivers would learn that one does not have to stop to enter, if nobodies
there.

Many of the roundabouts here replace 4-way stop intersections, or
intersections that never had stop signs. Those work surprisingly well
with people taking turns or yielding in a civilized manner.

However that does lead to the problem of people still treating them like
4-way stops. The small ones are really bad. If someone is entering 90
degrees to your left there isn't enough room to determine if he's going
to exit on the street where you are, or go 180 degrees.

Large trucks go straight through, as in running over the damn center
section because no way are they going to make it on the pavement. They
used to plant flowers in the center but gave up on that idea,

That is one of the problems with installing them, they don't have the real
estate to accomplish it properly so they make do, hence the truck *mudding* the
center section and tangents. You are correct in your comments about the small
ones.

--
Tekkie