Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey[_5_] Joey[_5_] is offline

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 5/21/2021 10:56 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 21 May 2021 21:45:41 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/21/2021 7:53 PM, Joey wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

No the grid is not up to it. Will it ever be if not pushed into it?
CA can't even keep the lights on at night

So it makes no sense at all to be charging lots of EVs at night.

Wow. Just wow.

He has a point. There is no solar at night and less wind. Having
everyone charging at the same time isn't a good idea either. If we
replace ICEs with electrics we'll need a lot more generating capacity.
Everyone doing it at the same time will make things even worse.

No simple answer

Yes there is, nukes.

but we need more non fossil fueled power plants.

And they should be nukes, not stupid wind farms
which dont provide reliable power and **** the
environment and not solar farms which only
produce enough electricity for a part of the day.

Once demand is there,

It already is, almost everyone heats their
house in winter and most cool it in summer.

supply can and will be built. The worst thing to do is nothing.

No one who matters is suggesting doing nothing.

With CA forcing people into EVs they have to support them.

Bet they dont and the whole thing ends
up a complete shambles like it is now.
Because they are doing the wrong thing.

Same as gas stations grew over the past 100 years.

Nothing like that in fact. That was never done centrally.