Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] angelica...@yahoo.com is offline

Default ice and water shield

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 12:41:23 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

My house was built in 1947. Everyone
before me installed asphalt shingles.

When I had it re-roofed, I would have
been foolish to change to steel.

Bull****.

I'd never recover the additional cost.

Thats not what its about.

It's always about cost, stupid.

Bull**** it is. If it was you'd be 'living' in a ****ing tent, stupid.
If I spend $20,000 rather than $5,000 on a roof, then I have
$15,000 less to spend on other things that my house needs.

More mindless bull****. Why is the wealthiest country
in the entire ****ing world 'living' in stupid stick
houses with stupid shingles and tiny little windows ?

I live in a masonry house.

Are you personally that poorly paid ? Figures.

I'm an engineer. Before my husband retired, he was an engineer.
We have plenty of money, but no desire to waste it.

Every single decision involves that sort of tradeoff.

It's about optimization. Everybody, everywhere, building anything
trades off features or convenience for cost.

Cindy Hamilton