Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default ice and water shield

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

My house was built in 1947. Everyone
before me installed asphalt shingles.

When I had it re-roofed, I would have
been foolish to change to steel.

Bull****.

I'd never recover the additional cost.

Thats not what its about.

It's always about cost, stupid.

Bull**** it is. If it was you'd be 'living' in a ****ing tent, stupid.

If I spend $20,000 rather than $5,000 on a roof, then I have
$15,000 less to spend on other things that my house needs.

More mindless bull****. Why is the wealthiest country
in the entire ****ing world 'living' in stupid stick
houses with stupid shingles and tiny little windows ?

Are you personally that poorly paid ? Figures.

Every single decision involves that sort of tradeoff.

Must be why you 'live' in a ****ing
tent, much cheaper than a real house.

That's why we do most of our own
home maintenance and improvements,

Sorry, didn't realise you are such a desperate pov on the minimum wage.

except for things that require specialized knowledge or equipment,
or things that we are physically incapable of doing.

Sorry, didn't realise you are such a desperate pov on the minimum wage.